Earth Day has become an international celebration of all things environmental. But what are the basic facts on Earth Day? How did it start, and why? What can you do to think about the environment, around your home, not just today but each day of the year?
Here are 8 ideas to help you be more green, around your home, that may be easily incorporated into your life today!
1. Plant an herb garden. It’s good to have a reminder around of where our food originates, and this one is super easy.
2. Buy an inexpensive reusable water bottle, and stop buying plastic disposable bottles.
3. Support your local economy and shop at your farmer’s market!
4. Fix leaky faucets.
5. Line dry your laundry.
6. Lower the temperature on your hot water heater.
7. Collect rainwater, and use it to water your houseplants and garden.
8. Donate to—and shop at—thrift stores. You’ll be recycling perfectly usable items, you’ll be supporting your local economy, and you’ll be saving money.
Enjoy YOUR Earth Day this Monday April 22nd, 2013!!